Amazon S3 Interface¶
How to determine the name of Bucket¶
- Virtual Hosting of Buckets
- Values used for determining the name: * S3 uses the HTTP Host header or a Path segment in the HTTP request line. * How S3 determines what to use depends on the Domain name.
4. Rules for Bucket Naming (v0.16.1-)
We recommend as a best practice that you always use DNS-compliant bucket names regardless of the region in which you create the bucket.
- Bucket names can be as long as between 3 and 255 characters.
- Bucket names can contain lowercase letters, numbers, periods (.), dashes (-) and underscores (_).
- Bucket names must not be formatted as an IP address (e.g., 192.168.5.4).
- Bucket name cannot start and end with periods (.), dashes (-) and underscores (_).